The strengths and qualities of our Founder, Mr. Nguyen Huu Phuoc, continue to influence and inspire the firm today.
His entrepreneurial spirit and leadership qualities have laid the foundation for the firm’s growth and success, which has made Phuoc & Partners one of the leading law firms in Vietnam.
- 1 January 2003 – Mr. Nguyen Huu Phuoc established TLS, a small law office located in Ho Chi Minh City, with only one staff.
- January 2004 – TLS Law Office merged with Luatviet Law Firm, a reputable law firm specialising in litigation and business consulting.
- January 2005 – Mr. Nguyen Huu Phuoc was then elected as the Managing Lawyer of Luatviet Law Firm in 2005.
- May 2006 – Mr. Nguyen Huu Phuoc, Mr. Christian Brendel, and Mr. Nguyen Gia Huy Chuong together established a new law firm called Phuoc & Partners. Mr. Nguyen Huu Phuoc held the position of Chairman, while Mr. Christian Brendel held the position of Managing Partner.
- August 2006 – Mr. Pham Quoc Tuan joined the firm, and Phuoc & Partners expanded its activities to the litigation practice, opening a branch in Hanoi and Da Nang. Mr. Pham Quoc Tuan assumed the position of head of the Da Nang branch.
- April 2008 – Mr. Christian Brendel left Phuoc & Partners to establish his own law firm called Brendel & Associates. Mr. Nguyen Gia Huy Chuong was elected to the position of Managing Partner, while Mr. Nguyen Huu Phuoc still held the position of Chairman. Ms. Truong My Ly was elected as an equity partner and head of the Hanoi branch.
- August 2008 – Mr. Dinh Quang Thuan from Vilaf Law Firm joined Phuoc & Partners and was officially promoted as a partner in December 2008, along with Mr. Pham Quoc Tuan, who was in charge of the litigation practice.
In the 2010s, Phuoc & Partners’ reputation for growth in the practices of tax, labour & employment, and real estate was recognised as one of the leading law firms in Vietnam.
- January 2011 – Tran Thanh Tung was promoted to become a partner responsible for the Investment practice and appointed Head of Da Nang branch.
- June 2012 – Phuoc & Partners expanded its activities in the intellectual property practice and welcomed Mr. Nguyen Duc Hieu, who became a partner in charge of the Intellectual Property practice.
- December 2012 – for the first time since its establishment, the number of domestic and foreign corporate and individual clients using Phuoc & Partners’ legal services reached 1,000.
- February 2014 – Ms. Truong My Ly left Phuoc & Partners to work for a well-known commercial bank in Vietnam as an in-house counsel.
- September 2014 – Phuoc & Partners invested in building its own new office located in Ho Chi Minh City in 2014 and nearly 70 lawyers, supporting staff, and interns were working for Phuoc & Partners nationwide at the time.
- March 2015 – Mr. Pham Quoc Tuan left Phuoc & Partners to establish his own law firm called Dimac.
- April 2015 – Phuoc & Partners was honoured to receive the title of “Employer of Choice 2015” by Asian Legal Business for law firms with the best working environment in Vietnam.
- February 2016 – The number of domestic and foreign corporate and individual clients using Phuoc & Partners’ legal services reached 1,500 in 2016.
- July 2016 – VLT Law Firm, a law firm specialising in investment and intellectual property consulting, merged into Phuoc & Partners on 1 July 2016. This merger helped Phuoc & Partners expand its activities in the field of intellectual property, particularly copyright, as well as strengthen its activities in investment and corporate practices. With nearly 80 lawyers, supporting staff, and interns working for Phuoc & Partners nationwide, the firm has continued to grow.
- April 2017 – Phuoc & Partners was honoured with the title of “Employer of Choice 2017” by Asian Legal Business, recognising the firm’s commitment to providing the best working environment for its employees in Vietnam.
- July 2018 – Ms. Nguyen Van Quynh, Ms. Duong Tieng Thu, and Mr. Hoang Quoc Nhat Trung were promoted to become partners, bringing the number of partners at Phuoc & Partners to 10 for the first time since its establishment.
- February 2019 – The number of domestic and foreign corporate and individual clients using Phuoc & Partners’ legal services reached 2,000, reflecting the firm’s strong reputation and client satisfaction.
- April 2019 – Phuoc & Partners was once again selected by the Asian Legal Business Magazine as “The Employer of Choice 2019” among the best law firms in Vietnam. This is the third time Phuoc & Partners has received this award, demonstrating its continued commitment to creating a positive work environment for its employees.
- August 2019 – Eight partners of Phuoc & Partners, including Mr. Nguyen Gia Huy Chuong, Mr. Dinh Quang Thuan, and Mr. Tran Thanh Tung, left the firm to establish a new law firm called Global Vietnam Lawyers.
Signaling a stage of organisational restructuring of the firm to welcome the industrial era 4.0.
- September 2019 – Ms. Lac Thi Tu Duy was promoted as a partner to be in charge of the litigation practice, highlighting the firm’s commitment to developing its legal talent.
- April 2020 – Ms. Truong Thi Hien joined Phuoc & Partners as a partner in charge of the practices of investment, commercial, and corporate. Her expertise and experience further strengthen the firm’s capabilities in these areas.
- May 2020 – Ms. Truong My Ly rejoined Phuoc & Partners as the Branch Manager of the Hanoi Office, bringing her experience and leadership to the firm’s operations in the region.
- October 2020 – Ms. Lac Thi Tu Duy left Phuoc & Partners to set up a new law firm under the name Lac Duy & Associates, further highlighting the firm’s commitment to developing young legal talent and promoting the growth of the legal industry in Vietnam.